Saturday 5 September 2015

Welcome to your 2015-16 School Year!

It's been a great 1st week at Sunridge Middle School! Congratulations!

Before we get into the year any further, I would like to make my introduction: my name is Jessica Sou, your new school counselor! I am excited to join the amazing team at Sunridge Middle School. Some of my best educational memories occurred here in this very building!

A few things about me- I am a proud Pendletonian graduate of 2003. Since graduating I have obtained my masters in counseling, lived in Thailand for 3 years and worked as a school counselor for a total of 8 years! I am recently married to an amazing man Mr. Joel Sou (pronounced "SUE") and we have a great rescue pup named Oliver. I love the Pendleton School District and am very excited to give back to the community that once gave me so much!

In other exciting news: Mr. Brizendine may have retired but he is NOT gone! I am extremely pleased to announce that he will be joining me part-time this year to increase our department to 1 1/2 School Counselors!

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with what a school counselor does: we are resources for students, staff and families. A school counselor is there to provide academic, social and emotional assistance to all students which may include study groups, classroom presentations, parent/individual meetings and more! If you have any questions, please feel free to stop by the office (we're found on the 2nd floor) or shoot us a quick email/phone call (see Contact Information for specifics).

Check back on this website for posting updates each Friday. I will be providing helpful tips for students and families as well any important  updates for events throughout the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment